Monday, February 28, 2011

The Only 28th That's the Last Day of the Month (unless it's a leap year)

So it's February 28th, 2011 and I haven't posted since 2009, if I have my own blog facts straight. The shortest month of the year (and the one in which I was born) is as good an excuse as any to write a new blog post.

What I'm having a hard time believing is that my sons (in the photos from the VW Bus trip) are now 10 and 7 years old and this year's spring break is only two weeks away. I hate cliches, but my, how time flies. When I heard that as a youngster, I scoffed. And cliche or not, I now have less time with my firstborn until he is no longer a minor than I've had with him since his birth. That gives me pause.

I've achieved National Board Certification, which took around 400 hours away from family time last year, and I'm ready to have some fun with the family enjoying the fruits of our labor throughout that process. We were able to get a 1999 F-150 4X4 supercab with the help of some stipend money and we're ready to explore some off the beaten path New Mexico vistas. Stay tuned for more updates from the Land of Enchantment (or, as my favorite Barelas Coffee House bumper sticker states: Land of Mi Chante).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home